Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Body In Numbers, Oats & Muscle Mass


In 1999, when I moved back to Germany, I lost 10 kgs in 3 months by eating oatmeal at least once a day. Back then, I was exercising regularly, too, and hat lots of muscle mass to burn fat.

A short while ago, I participated in a health and fitness congress in Kassel (a city right in the middle of Germany). I had the opportunity to check out the newest BodyAnalizer scales. The results were as follows:


My Body In Numbers

Age: 31
Height: 163 cm
Weight: 62 kgs
Recommended weight: 58 kgs
Body fat: 17.5 kgs / 28.3 %
Muscles: 40.8 kgs
BMI: 23.3

Recommendations:
- build muscle mass
- reduce calory intake by 220 kcal 
(recommended daily calory intake to maintain weight: 1,681 kcal)

(results were created individually for my body only; please don't draw conclusions from my results, yours will differ)

Okay, that tells us that I don't have to lose as much weight as I wanted thought. Only 4 kgs. Sounds easy, right? I've been trying to lose these 4 kgs for weeks now. 


Oats!

I'm back to eating oatmeal gruel at leat once a day. I usually add a little cinnamon for better taste. This weekend, I've had oatmeal for both breakfast and supper. I'm aware about this being pretty one-sided, so I've added lots of berries to each meal. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to apples, peaches, bananas and the like, so it's strawberries, raspberries, blueberries etc. for me. 

Do you suffer from any food allergies?


Muscle Mass

So. Well. I have to build muscles. I already knew that before stepping on that scale but I haven't done anything to gain more muscle mass yet. I've done a few push-ups, sit-ups, and squats here and there, but these do hardly count. Another point to be added to my fitness goals for 2013.

Which are yours?


Link To Check Out

2 comments:

  1. I just look at your BMI of 23.3 and conclude that you are at good weight. More or less a few kgs isn't important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right. I've been advised to lose 4 kgs, not more.

      Delete