Monday, November 19, 2012

My First Run In Ages

by Sal ("A Quest For Health & Fitness") 


I did it! I put my new running gear on and went running! I jogged for exactly 13 minutes. My pace was slow at best, but still: I managed to get out into the cold and move.

I took the dog for company. She seemed to sense that something different was going on. She started running as soon as I said, "Let's go, Flo!".

Both of us took it slowly. No need to exhaust ourselves and feel miserable about it. 

Whenever Flo stopped to sniff or do her business, I tried to jog in place. After a while, my outer calves started hurting a little but the pain ceased as soon as I stretched my legs after running.

Not only did I run today, I also made better food choices than usual. I had noodle soup for lunch and mushroom soup for dinner. I drank lots of tea ( with a little sugar, I admit it). 

And then I made myself some kind of "wellness drink": put 1 cup of frozen strawberries, 1 cup of low-fat yoghurt, 1/2 cup skim milk, and 1 tbs sugar in a blender, then mix until you get something that looks like a shake & enjoy. There're probably similar recipes out there, just ask Uncle Google. ;)

Did you exercise today? Do you hate exercising in cold weather, too?


No comments:

Post a Comment